Friday, March 19, 2010

Seniors' Farewell Party

After finishing our M.A on Mon morning, which also means after few days of stressful nights, we went for our usual weekly badminton session. Had a great time smashing opponents while partner-ing with Michael. =) And somehow, after badminton session, when we're about to leave for dinner, everything just came up suddenly with all the singing together as a performance for the seniors' farewell party. And so...there comes the nights of practising until 11pm for 2nights, with the combination of 3 guys and 5 girls always in a music studio learning the songs. Not to mention those few days waking up early just to have breakfast at McD with Mike. Thanks to the free breakfast vouchers! *big smiles* I just loooveeee having breakfast just with him =)

Seniors' farewell party's on Wed night. And miraculously, and also thanks to Ying Hui's help, I managed to borrow an erhu from her friend. I seriously miss my "precious" back at home =( Anyway, on Wed morning, again we met up at 8am @_@ Went to McD together with the whole gang, spent one hour on breakfast and chatting, then went back to Block C to start practising and preparing for the decor. Miserable us to keep searching for rooms to practise on the keyboard and erhu and also our singing. And we seriously attracted attention. Lol. People passing by the doors would stick their head to the glass panes and listen to us either singing or the musical instruments. Guess no one had ever seen something such as the erhu huh. Even Bernard and Nadia asked how on earth something with only 2 strings could produce such nice music. Well, that is what I was always asked since 9years ago.

The night was a success! At least this is what I think. Well, at least I contributed. Unlike last time when I was more like an outsider of the class where the only thing I do is to go for classes then run back to my room straight after class without getting myself involved in anything. Guess that big change made my mum accepted what I did without the usual grumbling.

The most incredible thing that even shocked myself is that my singing voice has gone up an octave higher pitch. And thanks to my perfect pitch, I was appointed to be one of the lead singers of the group. And it was a wonderful experience being able to perform on stage together with Michael, especially he's another of the lead singers too. =)

Songs we (me, Michael, Billy, Melissa, Li-Wei & Edward with Bernard as our "teacher" and JeeWei as the pianist) sang together: 最珍贵的角落 & You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban

Songs I played with erhu: As accompanist together with piano for Nadia's 朋友 by 周华健, 梁祝 & 赛马










p.s: He just looked even more gorgeous with a tie!!! *big grins* And I can just melt with his smile. Just please smile next time whenever you can, especially when there's a camera aiming at you. Else Chin Teck would think he owed you money again. =p

No comments: