Monday, May 03, 2010

If...

If I do not have a strict parents, I wonder what would have become of me. Studying medicine would not be one of the options. I'm no pure genius myself.

If I was not being taught English language since a toddler, I would have sucks in English.
If I hadn't learn swimming, ballet, mental arithmatic, drawing, Chinese calligraphy, piano and erhu, I would not have known so much skills.

If I hadn't made the choice of not studying in a private school after primary school, I would probably be studying in Taiwan right after high school and I would have not met the great friends I have in high school.

If I have not joined Chinese Orchestra, I would not be able to understand the meaning of teamwork and hardships and certainly will not be able to know the taste of victory. Best memory ever in high school!! =)

If I have not known Darren in the first place, I would not have met a better person as Michael. =) Not comparing them. But I never regretted the decision I made. And I will always treasure the one beside me now.

If I have done better for my SPM and score all A1's, I probably would be studying in Russia or Indonesia on JPA scholarship while dad can have his early retirement and mum would not be working as an insurance agent. And also I would not have studied Form 6 where then I would have lost the chance of meeting more new and great friends.

If I have not joined choir, I would have not known that I'm a good singer myself, just that I lacked proper training all these years. Not enough only as a bathroom singer. Lols. (though I don't have good memories in choir at all!)

If I have done much more better in STPM, I would have been studying in my dad's alma mater, University Malaya and not end up instead in UCSI where they've to work extra hard to pay my extremely neck-strangling amount of school fees + hostel fees.

If I have done better for my 1st year finals, I would have been in 3rd year this coming July. And instead, I'm still stuck in KL campus studying my 2nd year. Though seriously, I would rather to be with this gang of friends now compared to my batch. At least I'm no longer alone. PLUS, without repeating my first year, I wouldn't have met someone called Michael Hon. *BIG smiles*




So many IFs...but can I turn the time back to where I want to be? No. Even I have the time machine to do so? No way. I'm perfectly contended enough with what God has arranged for me. No regrets. All the tears and sweat have not been wasted at all. And certainly, God has treated me well enough to let Michael into my life. =) I know that God will always, and forever keep me in his blessings. Although there may be ups and downs in my life, and everyone's life as well, but I know there's always my family, Michael, other friends and God to take care of me at all times. =)

No comments: