Saturday, February 07, 2009

1st stethescope use =)

We had a clinical skills session on Wed...and this is a totally different session compared to those we had the previous weeks from the starting of our 2nd semester...For the past few weeks...we're just stuck with assignments from the lecturer asking us to do more on history-taking on patients with jaundice, anemia and hemolytic disorders...and this time we had practical ==> LOVE IT!!!! I seriously prefer more on practical than theory...theory's just so boring and some things so difficult to understand without going through the practicals 1st...well...this can be seen in my autopsy FA...I scored 93.8% for the 1st time leh~~~ Why is it so..?? Can't help it le...not that I'm interested in autopsy...but I've seen real autopsies THREE times @-@ That really helps alot though...in my medical theories...but not my stomach...urgh~~~

Ok...back to the clinical session....besides it being practical....we also get to use our own stethescope for the 1st time!!! (mine's my own..guess others too la...) I wanted to use my dad's at 1st as we have an additional one at home...but dad insisted on getting me a brand new one as my OWN stethescope...cool~~ ^^ Oh...and we even get to engrave my initials on it ==> J. HO =D
And also we get to do palpations on our guy coursemates instead of just the dummies....hahahahaha...syok~~ Oh...its just them who need to strip off their shirts...we girls are left out..muahahaha....we're the ones who get to touch the guys but NOT them touching us....Ok...my guy coursemates are really skinny and so its really easy to detect the heartbeats in the left and right 2nd intercoastal space, the mitral valve and apex of the heart...but nice body...?? Hmm........except for Naresh's hugh tattoo on his back that is quite similar to Bechkam's...I don't see anything interesting in their bodies..haha.....but its really a 1st time experience for me...ahemmm....I haven't touched any guys' bodies before except for my dad's....yikes!!! So actually I was quite reluctant to palpate with my bare hands at 1st....just with my stethescope...thanks to my dad I had experience in where I'll get the heartbeats without needing to count the rib bones....but after that....it got quite OK where I had the courage to "touch" a few of my guy coursemates' bodies....lolz...Oh well...hope we'll always have such interesting clinical skills session ^^

1 comment:

Timothy Chen said...

Syok la you! Haha