Saturday, April 03, 2010

Appreciating life

Why can't some people just appreciate life more? Why do they just have to think of ending life once they faced any obstructions in life? What's wrong with losing the person you love? What's wrong when you face bankruptcy? What's wrong when you failed a simple exam? Losing the person you love doesn't mean your life just ends there. Bankruptcy and failing in studies also doesn't mean that by taking your own life can cure everything. A person just have no right to take their own life without a reason. Not even a person in coma or someone who has chronic sickness. Only God has the privilege to see whether you've reached the end of your life. Can't they look beyond and appreciate what life has for them instead? Challenges always come in every person's path and everyone should face it and take up the challenge as an experience of life. Some people just can't take it when life suddenly becomes imperfect and doesn't go as smoothly as they want and hope it to. Thus, there comes the thought of committing suicide. I've seen too much of these. And I always wonder why. Don't these people know that by taking their own life, they're not only hurting themselves, but also hurting those people around him/her who cared for them? These people who has the thought of committing suicide might think no one cares for them anymore. But who knows, there might be someone out there, though someone unknown to you but still cares for you no matter what. No one is ever alone in this entire world.

For me, I've almost came to the verge of it when I know that I have failed my 1st year and have to repeat the year last April. This had really came to me as a big impact and its like I fell from the top of the cliff to the bottom. *Splat* Just like that. If not for the support from my family and also my best friends, bet I wouldn't have faced the reality and challenge with so much courage. Jee Wei told me before that its because she saw me taking this with so much courage that made her really decide to stay on to repeat the year instead of hesitating anymore whether to change uni or even change course. If I were to be like those people who can't face challenges in life, probably I would have ended on the bottom of UCSI hostel jumping off from 4th floor once I got the results. Well, I sure did take this challenge, proving once more that I can do it just like others can, study the medicine course which has always been my dream since I'm a kid and also not let my family's hopes down.

To tell the truth, I almost break down again this time. Too much stress till the verge of giving up. Lucky this time I have Michael with me, who consoled me while I can just cry on his shoulders. Unlike last year. Else probably things would have been different. Oh well, as I said, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Or else I wouldn't have met Michael and the great coursemates I have now. And also the friendship between me and Jee Wei and Chang Wai wouldn't have been so good as now. Anyway, as Mike said, just do whatever I can and the very best, things couldn't have been so bad as I thought so. Hopefully. And I sure hope that both of us could be together till the end of 5th year. What happens after that is another story. As long as we graduate together. Tough it might be but worth it once we passed these 5years.


Thanks Michael for everything you have done for me. =)

No comments: